To be eligible to apply for a Joseph James Morelli Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- High school or college student
- Pursuing a career in STEM: science, technology, engineering, or math
- Have a demonstrated learning disability of dyslexia, dysgraphia, and/or dyscalculia
Scholarships may be applied to tuition costs, needed resources, and/or testing costs and will range from $500 to $2,500. Past recipients may re-apply in subsequent years to request scholarship renewal. Please contact Ollie Wilder at email@example.com with any questions about eligibility or this application form, or if you need special accommodations in applying.
Before Getting Started
In addition to thinking about your answers to the application form questions, below, please make sure you have these documents before beginning to fill out the form:
- Recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, or other school personnel
- Documentation of your learning disability, such as a 504, IEP, or letter from a teacher or counselor (no more than one page, please)
- Most recent transcript (official or unofficial)
Applications must be submitted by March 15, 2018. You may type your answers directly into this form, or you may wish to draft your longer answers in a separate document and copy-and-paste the answers into this form (so that you can work on your answers over time, prior to submitting them). The “Submit” button at the bottom of this form does not allow you go back and edit your answers, once you submit the form your answers are final. Please also ensure you have available the three documents referred to under “Before Getting Started,” above.
After you submit this form, you will be taken to an acknowledgment web page, and you will also be sent an automatic acknowledgment email. If you do not see/receive these acknowledgments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire whether the application was received.
Please note that scholarship recipients may be asked for permission to use certain personal information for publicity purposes.