Park City Community Foundation annually conducts site visits with each of our Community Fund grantees. The goal is to create a meaningful set of quantitative and qualitative data for evaluating the impact of our Community Fund grants. Our board members and donors are invited to participate; we hope you will also include board members and key staff/volunteers.
The site visits last one hour, and our time is divided between actively touring and experiencing the nonprofit facility or program and a conversation that covers the questions listed below. Each site visit is unique and adapts to your particular nonprofit; however, we always cover the questions in the site visit outline. There is no need to prepare a report, though you may want to have a story in mind for question #1 and some information prepared for question #4.
1. Please describe your mission and your organization’s top three programs.
2. What were the outputs that were achieved as a result of the funding? For example, this could look like # of classes provided, # of students completing a program, acres protected, lbs of glass recycled, etc. Please provide any meaningful data you have collected and share any aspirations you have for refining your measurement and evaluation process.
3. How do these outputs help your organization’s ultimate outcomes? For example, this could look like greater economic security for community members, keeping families in their homes, ensuring adequate food availability, strengthening services and connections to enhance wellbeing, increasing equitable learning opportunities, etc.
4. Please tell us a story of a specific person or family who received your services and how their life was /lives were impacted by the program our Community Fund grant helped to support.
5. What are the organizational priorities for the next 1-3 years? Include lessons learned.
6. As we work to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion – both internally within your organization and through your service delivery – what wins have you had along the way? What are the challenges that you have faced?
7. What are your top concerns regarding the population/s that you serve?
Thank you for your help in setting up a site visit with your organization. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Pittard at firstname.lastname@example.org.