Join our team! The Mental Wellness Alliance Coordinator will help coordinate community-wide efforts, leverage partnerships, accelerate multi-agency fundraising, and infuse equity and inclusion into the mental and behavioral health landscape in Summit County.
Mental Wellness Alliance Coordinator
Lead a community-wide initiative which advocates to ensure that all residents in Summit County have sufficient access to mental health services and advances the mission of the Mental Wellness Alliance (see below.) Primary responsibility is to coordinate and convene the activities of the Mental Wellness Alliance (“the Alliance”), working collaboratively to plan and implement activities aimed at improving outcomes on mental wellness. This position will be physically based at Park City Community Foundation, located in Park City, Utah. This position will report to the Vice President of Equity & Impact and Mental Wellness Alliance Executive Committee.
Organization History and Mission
Park City Community Foundation cares for and invests in the people, place, and culture of greater Park City. Since 2007, the Community Foundation’s partnerships with donors have generated more than $43.8 million in total impact to Park City and adjacent communities in Summit County, Utah. With years of philanthropic expertise and deep roots in Park City, the Community Foundation is the philanthropic hub of greater Park City, connecting impactful organizations with the most pressing issues in the area so giving back is easier and more effective.
Mental Wellness Alliance mission
The Summit County Mental Wellness Alliance is a community coalition of government entities, nonprofits, private businesses and citizens working to enhance the quality of life for all Summit County residents by improving community awareness of mental health & substance abuse, increasing access to effective treatment, and increasing effective prevention efforts.
- Employ model and tenets of Collective Impact to further the work of the Mental Wellness Alliance.
- Ensure that the Alliance partnership creates appropriate goals, action plans, and measures of success. Continue to evolve the strategic plan.
- Facilitate the Alliance in identifying specific interventions that serve our community’s mental health-related needs.
- Support committee chairs and the overall Alliance chair in coordinating, attending, and participating in meetings; communicate meeting times, agendas, accomplishments, and assigned tasks.
- Assist the partnership and its committee members to create and facilitate volunteer recruitment plans, encourage attendance, and meet with the membership periodically outside of partnership meetings, as deemed necessary; maintain a list of active members and member organizations; ensure that each committee has an assigned chair.
- Lead community outreach and public relations related to the Alliance; participate in community activities as a representative of the partnership, as appropriate; coordinate and arrange trainings; use agreed-upon data systems for reporting.
- Lead advocacy efforts with public officials and policy decision makers.
- Provide technical assistance to all committees and the Alliance to work effectively toward intended outcomes.
- Lead funding committee efforts in securing additional funds for proposed services and to sustain current funding, with a focus on multiagency project funding to meet goals of the Mental Wellness Alliance.
- Assist the funding committee in securing additional funds for proposed services and to sustain current funding, with a focus on multiagency project funding.
- Attend local collaborative meetings, provider coordination meetings, and other local service-based meetings to increase visibility and increase interest in the Alliance as necessary; inform and educate potential partners throughout the county about the partnership process and potential value of participation; receive and disseminate information from partner organizations and outside sources.
- Assist the partnership in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in its process, activities, and outcomes.
- Ensure participation in relevant regional meetings as well as on statewide workgroups as requested.
- Ensure regular progress updates (at least annually) to the community and other stakeholders.
- Attend trainings (which may require occasional travel) that build skills, knowledge, and/or connections around coalition building and early childhood.
- Perform related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Two years’ experience in convening and managing community coalitions involving targeted outcomes.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing;
- Develop effective working relationships with supervisors, fellow employees, community leaders, Alliance members, business owners, donors/funders, and the public;
- Conduct presentations for diverse communities and potential supporters;
- Work effectively in a cross-cultural environment, ensuring all segments of the community have a voice and have their needs and opportunities considered;
- Independently manage work assignments in a high interpersonal contact environment;
- Build a coalition of community-wide partners to achieve population-level outcomes;
- Recruit, engage, organize, and lead volunteers on behalf of the mission of the initiative;
- Conduct work in a professional manner and maintain a positive attitude in the midst of change.
Position open until filled. Position is full-time.
Salary Range: $55,000-65,000 plus benefits.
For more information on the position please reach out to Diego Zegarra – email@example.com
Park City Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. We believe in the advancement of equity, diversity, and inclusion and toward making Park City a place where all people can fully realize their aspirations. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.