We’re hiring! Join our mission-driven growing philanthropic organization!
Position: Community Impact Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Schedule: Full time; requires flexibility for occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Compensation: $60,000 to $80,000, negotiable based on experience. We offer excellent benefits including health, dental, 401K match, paid time off, and flexible work culture.
Are you serious about doing good? Are you passionate about leading collaborative efforts to achieve community change? Join our mission driven, growing organization. Park City Community Foundation seeks an experienced programs expert to lead our community initiatives, support program staff, and engage stakeholders, including nonprofit partners, donors, and other community leaders. The right candidate has excellent facilitation and communications skills, experience in measurement and evaluation, and proven management and strategy acumen.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Impact Director is responsible for our community investments including grant making, strategic initiatives such as early childhood, mental health, climate change, social equity, nonprofit education, and more.
The Community Impact Director provides strategic leadership and oversight of Park City Community Foundation’s activities that benefit the people of greater Park City.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Community Leadership
- Build and maintain strong relationships with organizations and community members who are (or could be) in a position to effect community change.
- Participate in ongoing community initiatives where Park City Community Foundation has chosen to play a major role.
- Help ensure that community initiatives have clear intended outcomes and ways to assess results.
- Collaborate with the Impact and Governance Committee on community initiatives.
- Supervise Community Impact staff, such as the Social Equity Director, the Solomon Fund Director, and the Grants Manager.
- Identify potential high-impact initiatives in which Park City Community Foundation could play an appropriate philanthropic, convening, and/or coordinating role.
- Lead and/or oversee startup of new community initiatives.
- In collaboration with colleagues and grants committees, lead development of grant strategies and processes.
- Supervise staff involved with grantmaking.
- Nonprofit Education
- Supervise the nonprofit education contractor.
- Oversee nonprofit roundtables, the annual major speaker workshop, and other efforts to bring nonprofits together and/or improve their capacity.
- Provide one-on-one advice to nonprofits as needed and as available.
- Live PC Give PC
- Oversee implementation of Live PC Give PC as a collaborative platform that gives local nonprofits opportunities to raise funds.
- As needed, implement specific tasks related to Live PC Give PC.
- Other Duties
- Participate in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Community Foundation and in the broader community.
- Assist with fundraising, especially when it relates to community impact.
- Assist in developing communications and marketing strategy and stories, especially as they relate to community impact.
- Assist with other general duties as required by Park City Community Foundation.
- Five years experience in leading or managing community change efforts.
- Ability to lead community coalitions vigorously, diplomatically, and effectively.
- Ability to motivate and facilitate Community Foundation staff and board members in achieving community impact.
- Exceptional communication skills including interpersonal, written, and public speaking.
- Knowledge of and experience in community foundations is desirable.
- Knowledge of greater Park City’s key stakeholders (business, nonprofit, philanthropist, government leaders) is desirable.
- Flexible schedule for special events.
- Willingness to complete basic administrative work.
Park City Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. We believe in the advancement of equity, diversity, and inclusion and toward making Park City a place where all people can fully realize their aspirations. We encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The digital interview is casual, takes 30 minutes, and asks for a few written responses and video responses. It will help you learn more about us and you can re-record your video responses as many times as you like. If you have any technical or accessibility issues, please let us know and we can make a computer available to you. If you need assistance, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.