Join us! The Social Equity Book Club meets the first Monday of every month at 5:30 at different locations. It is open to all community members. Contact Diego Zegarra at email@example.com to find out where we will meet next.
The books we have read each month are below and will be discussed during the Book Club meeting on the first Monday of the following month.
- January 2019: Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World by Anand Giridharadas
- February 2019: Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
- March 2019: We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- April 2019: American Like Me: Reflections on Life Between Cultures by America Ferrera (and other authors)
- May 2019: The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida
- June 2019: Super Late Bloomer: My Early Days in Transition by Julia Kaye, and you can also watch the movie Quiet Heroes for a deeper dive.
- July 2019: Becoming by Michelle Obama
- August 2019: Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
- September 2019: The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba
Thank you to Park City Library for collaborating on the Book Club!
You can learn more about the Social Equity initiative by visiting our main Social Equity page.