2019 Grant Guidelines
Park City Community Foundation aims to identify gaps and issues within our community and play a role in solving our most challenging problems. The Solomon Fund, an initiative of the Community Foundation, addresses the low-income Latino community’s limited participation in athletics in the Park City area. We believe that increasing access to sports and recreational activities for children creates a more inclusive, integrated, and complete community. Currently this initiative focuses on 5 to 12-year-olds, although this may change as the needs evolve.
We have identified three barriers to participation: communication, transportation, and scholarships/gear. Park City Community Foundation staff are actively working to address these challenges, but we recognize that there is not a universal model to address this issue.
Our goal is to increase access to sports and other recreational activities. We would like to see participation in athletics reflect the diverse makeup of our town. Our goal is to reach 20% Latino participation in programs that are currently being offered in Park City, mirroring the current demographics of our school district.
Solomon Fund Grants Timeline
- Monday, February 11: Application period opens
- Wednesday, February 27: Q & A session at 4pm at Park City Community Foundation: 1960 Sidewinder Dr. #103
- Friday, March 22: Deadline to submit full application
- Friday, April 26: Applicants notified of Solomon Fund Grants Committee decision
- Monday, April 29: Grant announcements
- Monday, May 17: Payments disbursed
Solomon Fund Grants Committee
The Solomon Fund Grants Committee is composed of at least five members from the Solomon Fund Advisory Committee and at least one Park City Community Foundation board member. This committee evaluates the grant proposals and applications and provides recommendations to the staff for final review and approval.
Park City Community Foundation staff and the Solomon Fund Grants Committee members are committed to providing ongoing communication and feedback with applicants and grantees. Please don’t hesitate to contact Diego Zegarra or Sarah MacCarthy with questions or concerns about the grants program, your application, and the process.
Park City Community Foundation staff will process and prepare the grant applications for review by the Solomon Fund Grants Committee. After grants are awarded, staff, committee members, and/or donors will participate in the monitoring and evaluation process of all grant projects. Additionally, staff members will schedule a site visit of your program in the fall of 2019.
Grants will generally fall in the $1,000-$25,000 range, depending on the amount available for distribution, the request made by the organization, and the potential impact of the proposed activities. Grants may be paid in a single sum or in installments.
The Grants Committee will use the following criteria to review applications. These criteria are not exclusive, and the committee and staff reserve the right to use their own best judgment when making final grant awards.
- Applicant demonstrates project/program will increase low-income Latino participation, ages 5-12
- Applicant demonstrates the project/program contributes to a more inclusive, integrated, and complete community
Strategically Planned Approach
- Goals, objectives, and timeline that reflect the applicant’s ability to conceptualize the project and offer a realistic plan for its completion
- The project/program will either be complete at the end of the grant period or has a sound financial and programmatic strategy for continuing operations beyond the grant period
Significant Results & Benefits
- Plan to measure and evaluate project/program outcomes (quantitative and/or qualitative) is well articulated
- Budget demonstrates that funds will be spent to increase low-income Latino participation
Note: Budget may include costs associated with staff, program activities, indirect costs, and other costs necessary to carry out the proposed activities.
*Funding should focus on access and participation over traveling teams or competitive teams
How to Submit
Note that we are using a new grant application platform. To apply, please visit the application platform, click on “Log On/Create an Account to Apply”, then “Create New Account” to complete the registration process and create your logon credentials, and then you will be able to preview, complete, and submit the application form for the Solomon Fund Grant.
Questions? Please join us for the Q&A meeting at 4pm on February 28th at Park City Community Foundation or contact Sarah MacCarthy at email@example.com.
As a recipient of a grant from the Solomon Fund, it is important to the Community Foundation, our donors, and the community that the grantee publicize and recognize the philanthropic support that a grantee receives. The Solomon Fund requires the following of grant recipients:
- Grantee agrees to include the Solomon Fund logo in appropriate promotional materials. Please contact Sarah or Diego for a copy of the logo.
- Grantee agrees that a notice will be included in appropriate promotional materials stating: “This [activity/event/organization] is supported by a grant from the Solomon Fund of Park City Community Foundation.”